Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Knitting Ministry Shawl

I finished the easy traingle shawl and am ready to donate it
to the Knitting Ministry at my church to give to someone who is in need of comfort. I hope that they get a lift from the bright blue color. The crocheted loops on the bottom edge were much easier than I thought they would be and went very quickly. It was hard to get a good picture of the shawl. Maybe I should have made someone wear it and taken their picture in it.

I started a new knitting project, a Sari Silk scarf. I am making up the pattern as I go along and I tried to add some lace elements but you can't see them so I think that I am going to stick with a simple pattern and let the colors come alive. I plan on a long, relatively narrow (6 inches) scarf with fringe on the ends.
I also got yarn and a pattern in the mail from the Plimoth Plantation. I had signed up to be a volunteer knitter before Christmas and I got my yarn and glove pattern in the mail today. Now all I have to do is locate two sets of size two double pointed needles -- either that or finish my Bartholomew's Tantalizing Socks and take the needles from that project.

No comments:

Post a Comment