Sunday, January 20, 2008

Knitting Finishes

I have finished some knitting projects this past week. The first is Sally Melville's Asymmetrical Vest from The Knitting Experience Book 1: The Knit Stitch. This is the first pattern book that I bought when I started knitting again six years ago. There is enough explanation and instruction for a beginner but the patterns are simple classics that are interesting but not difficult to make. My vest is knitted in Noro's Yoroi yarn which has been discontinued. I like the contrast between the muted colors and the bright, neon flecks. The yarn is very light weight but warm so it adds warmth without feeling substantial.


The second finished project is the Mermaid's Tail Evening Bag from Exquisite Little Knits by Iris Schreier and Laurie Kimmelstiel. I made it for Knit the Classics -- it is my Belinda Project. I used ribbon yarns from my stash. It is pretty and since it is knit in ribbon on size 3.5 needles, it is substantial enough to hold a pencil without it slipping through the knitting.



I also did some more work on my Bartholomew's Tantalizing Socks and am planning my next project -- Sally Melville's Best-friend Jacket in a Blue Lopi.

No comments:

Post a Comment