Saturday, May 05, 2007


Community Supported Agriculture
This week was the start of my vegetable shares for this season. The picture shows the vegetables in my share from Sanhill Organics (http://sandhillorganics.com/2007_sandhill_organics.htm). I pick up my shares once a week at Prairie Crossing which is a few miles north. I enjoy the fresh taste of the vegetables and fruit that I get in the shares, I like supporting local agriculture and knowing where my food came from, and I like the surprise of picking up a different assortment of produce every week and planning dinner around it.
This week the share included green garlic, asparagus, chives, salad greens, radishes, red potatoes and tomato puree. Friday, I had a salad for lunch with radishes, salad greens, cucumber, tomato and tuna. Then, I made tomato/asparagus risotto for dinner with some of the garlic, the tomato puree and the asparagus. Potato side dishes and radish garnishes are planned for the rest of the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment