Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Take a Stitch Tuesday -- French Knots


The Take a Stitch Tuesday challenge for this week is to use french knots with other stitches of the week. First, I want to show some examples of french knots or colonial knots used on their own. These examples include a free hand chalice with the flame filled in with french knots:
.
A french knot bee in the middle of a Lori Birminghan needleroll. Showing how french knots look stitched on a grid -- I think that they make the body of the bee three dimensional and similar to the fuzzy bees that fly around the flowers in my garden. If I stitched it again, I would do the wings differently, maybe in satin stitch to change the texture and dimension.
.
Colonial knot rows from Eileen Bennett's Garden Sampler -- more on the grid stitching. The three dimensional knots look like small flowers or buds and the use of more than one color of thread adds interest to the rows.




No comments:

Post a Comment