Tuesday, June 12, 2007

June Ornament - in June!

I finished my June Christmas Ornament today -- Partridge and Pears 2005 by Prairie Schooler from the 2005 Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornament Issue. It is stitched using one strand of DMC over two on left over 40 count linen. I updated the date since it was stitched in 2007. It is brighter in person than it is in the picture and was fun to stitch.
I like ornaments, they are quick to stitch, I can imagine finishing them and using them someday and I can stitch them using leftover fabric and thread from my stash.
.
In addition to stitching, I have a cook book recommendation -- Joan Nathan's The New American Cooking. It was a Christmas present in 2005 -- the same year that the ornament pattern was published. I have used many recipes from it -- most recently an asian chicken salad. They are all delicious and every time I bring something from this cookbook to a pot luck or family gathering I am asked for the recipe. The Door County Oatmeal/Dried Cherry cookies are great (even with raisins) and so is the salad with the maple syrup based dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment