Sunday, February 12, 2012

Kimono sections 1 to 13

I am working on a needlepoint Kimono that was originally designed by Maggie Lane.  John Waddell is offering a colorful version as a course through the Shining Needle Society.  Although I really want to make one that is black, red and gold on black canvas with the color spacing like the one Teresa Frank entered in the exhibit at the 2004 ANG Seminar in Reno.  I would like to use red in place of the blue and black for the cream portions, but I have been seduced by all of the colors that everyone is posting.  So I selected colors from my stash:


The threads include two colors of Caron waterlilies, a couple of skeins of Walsh silk and wool, some Needle Necessities, quite a few Gumnuts "buds", some stranded metalics, a couple of rayon threads, and some other stranded cottons.  I added DMC to expand the range for each of the main colors and to give me more stranded fibers to work with.  Using John's random color selection method, I stitched the first 13 sections of the Kimono:



I am delighted with the results.

1 comment:

  1. I, too, am apart of this group. I choose John's green wine colorway and am stitching on moss green congress cloth with emerald krenik as the outline thread. All new territory for me in picking colors since I'm a "stitch guide on painted canvas" stitcher. I saw your post and just love your colors. Isn't it such fun!

    ReplyDelete