Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Eve 2011




This has been a year of significant change in my life and I have had to figure out how to navigate a number of new realities.  Some things have stayed the same -- I read a lot of books, watched a lot of movies, and completed some needlework projects.  I watched a lot of high school lacrosse and basketball and went to 5 karate tournaments.  I traveled, I took pictures and I explored the forest preserves.  I got brave and started walking both of my dogs at the same time -- they are large, strong and easily distracted so this took a lot of courage.

I have posted pictures of some of my finishes for 2011, but I finished some needlepoint projects that I started many years ago and some projects that I started this year.  I did some of my own finishing.  I have some new works in progress and some new class pieces.  I had fun with the 15 starts in 15 days challenge and have worked on some pieces that I would have left untouched otherwise.  I have also taken an active role in some face to face and on line needlework groups.  Overall, a good year.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you have had a wonderful, fulfilling year! I wish for you an equally wonderful and fulfilling year in 2012!

    ReplyDelete