Saturday, February 09, 2008

February TIF Photoshop Experiments

I spent some time this morning playing with the land use image from 1975 in photoshop. Here is the original photo and here are some of my favorite results:


The yellow in this photograph shows the urban area in Maricopa County in 1975. The green is agricultural and the pink is recreation. I cropped the picture to select the southeastern portion of the county to include South Mountain, the urban areas of Tempe and Mesa and the agricultural areas that I remember from that time. Then I started modifying the image in Photoshop resulting in the three versions below. I used the color scheme form the photo without modification. I could make it bluer to match the color scheme in the challenge.


2 comments:

  1. Very interested in these ideas and I'm looking forward to seeing this develop - I really like this colour scheme especially the way it works in the middle one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a powerful and important topic. I'll be interested to see how you develop it.

    ReplyDelete