Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Back from vacation

We are back from our vacation to Greenville, SC.  The kids competed at the USA NKF National Karate Tournament, my husband spent his first year as a Judge.  I took pictures with my new Nikon camera and explored Greenville and some of the surrounding area.

Specifically, I visited the Biltmore Estate with its huge house, beautiful gardens and winery.  After the tour of the house, I wandered in the gardens until I thought I would melt and then went and tasted wine.  Down in the wine cellar, it was very cool.  I bought a rose, a dry Reisling, and a very good Tempranillo to take back.   I also went to Ashville where I visited the Grove Park Inn, and Thomas Wolfe's house.  The Grover Park Inn was in the middle of an exterior rennovation so no pictures there but you can see Thomas Wolfe's house below.  I also wandered around Asheville and visited three yarn stores, three book stores and saw many quilts.  My main purchase was an autographed copy of Erica Wilson's Embroidery Book and the wine I brought home from the Biltmore.

No comments:

Post a Comment