Saturday, June 12, 2010

Name tag and trip to Scarlet Letter


I finished my name tag for the Lake Michigan Sampler Guild last night.  The threads are a combination of Olde Willow linen, Vicki Clayton silk, and Crescent Colors cotton floss.  I adapted a Guild Anniversary Pincushion design for the name tag.  Today, I went to the open house at The Scarlet Letter near Sullivan, Wisconsin.  It was a nice day for a drive despite all of the dire weather forecasts and I was able to admire samplers and hooked rugs and shop for as long as I wanted.  I came home with two sampler kits and a chart and copies of Amy Mitten's Autopsy of the Montenegrin Stitch and the new book about Sweet Bags by Jacqui Carey.  I also had an opportunity to admire the multicolored alpacas before I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment