Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Six word memoirs for pets

I read the book Not Quite what I was Planning which is full of six word memoirs collected by Smith Magazine and I have been writing some of my own for my pets. Holly, the beautiful, long-haired calico cat wants only to be waited on and left alone. However, her long, soft fur and beauty make her irresistible -- everyone wants to pet her.





I know I'm beautiful, don't touch.




Gambit on the other hand is extremely tame, to the point that we have sometimes wondered if there is something wrong with him.




I am shameless; rub my tummy.





In addition to the pets in the house, we have animals outside the house. I apparently did not scare Mama Robin off by cutting down half the tree and exposing her nest, she has laid her final egg and has taken up residence. She stays put when the dogs are out but gets up and scolds us when we get too close. I suppose we are lucky that we don't have a nesting red winged blackbird -- they apparently dive bomb people who come too close to their nests.
.
I made up some six-word memoirs for myself as well, they include:
.
Iron low, thyroid low, very tired.
.
Mother, manager, engineer, artist -- hired housekeeper.
.
Teenager driving, parents gray and broke.

No comments:

Post a Comment