Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Take a Stitch Tuesday



I have been trying to catch up on the Take a Stitch Tuesday challenge. Here is a stitching sample that contains buttonhole wheel, cast on stitch, and crested chain. I need more practice with the cast on stitch but I think that the rest came out reasonably well. I sketched an owl this morning that I also plan to stitch using these same stitches -- I will post my progess later.

I am continuing to read books by Chicago or Illinois authors. I finished Driving Blind by Ray Bradbury. I read many of his books and stories when I was younger. I still remember one story that I believe he wrote -- in it men are living on the moon. They have found life there in the form of some kind of animal and have the ability to turn into the animals and go out on the moon surface. One man makes the transformation and discovers how marvelous it feels to be free on the surface in the animal's body. He never returns to the space station. My next Chicago book is Because of the Rain by Daniel Buckman.

1 comment:

  1. Love your pinkeep exchanges! I wish I could make more time for reading myself but it just doesn't seem to happen. I notice you are in the Lake Michigan Sampler Guild. I wonder if you know an old friend of mine Jan G? I think she used to be secretary for awhile. I worked for her years ago in Chicago. I really wish we had a sampler guild where I live but sadly, no.

    ReplyDelete